- Color: black
- Bulk Density: 125 lbs./cu. ft.
- Mesh Size: 8 x 20
- Effective Size: 0.51 mm
- Uniform Coefficient: 1.7
- Specific Gravity: 3.8
- Effective reduction of iron, sulfurand manganese
- Durable material with long servicelife and low annual attrition of bed
- No chemical regeneration requiredonly periodic backwashing
- pH: 6.5-9.0
- Bed depth: application dependent
- Backwash flow rate: 25-30 gpm persq. ft.
- Backwash expansion: 15-30% ofbed depth
- Service flow rate: 5 gpm/ sq. ft.
- Freeboard: 40% of bed depth
Pyrolox works as a catalyst reaction, but remains relatively unchanged throughout the process. This reaction is followed with the formation of intermediate compound(s), such as higher oxides of manganese.
By alternate composition and decomposition of these oxides, the Pyrolox media is left unchanged.
The Pyrolox process is that the hydrogen sulfide, iron, and manganese are actually oxidized in the media and is simply back washed, which then cleans the bed.
It is sold as a 0.5 cu. ft. bag.
|Model #||Pyrolox Media|
|Recommended Use||Iron Removal|